November’23 Updates: The All-New UnderPass Desktop Application, Auto Muting With HyperExecute, and More!
Posted On: December 8, 2023
7 Min Read
It’s time for the product updates for November. The latest updates consist of some major and minor improvements. It includes an enhanced version of our UnderPass desktop application, support for configuring custom viewports for Storybook visual testing, an auto muting feature in HyperExecute, and others. So, let’s have a look at what these updates are.
To get a video walkthrough of November product updates, watch this video.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Revamped UnderPass Tunnel Application
In 2020, we rolled out an UnderPass desktop application that lets you test your locally or privately hosted websites and web applications on a secure and reliable cloud platform. It automatically launches a LambdaTest Tunnel for you and eliminates the hassle of triggering it from the command line.
This time, to further optimize your web experience of testing local pages, we have revamped the UnderPass desktop application. With this, you can test local websites by leveraging out-of-the-box features like multiple login options, log sharing, and more.
Let’s dig down on the features the new UnderPass has to offer:
- Enhanced User Interface: We’ve given our UI a makeover for a more intuitive and user-friendly experience.
- Various Login Options: You can now sign in using your email and password or opt for the convenience of Google, GitHub, or SSO authentication.
- Effortless Tunnel Management: You can efficiently manage multiple tunnels simultaneously.
- Tailored Configuration: Whether you prefer basic or complex setups, we offer advanced tunneling options to cater to your needs.
- Simplified Log Sharing: Debugging websites is even easier with our hassle-free copy log feature.
Here is the documentation to get started with local testing using UnderPass.
Meanwhile, you can also check out the tutorial below to kick-start your local testing with the new UnderPass desktop application.
Custom Viewport Configuration for Storybook Visual Testing
You can now easily see how your UI components look on different device screens such as mobile or tablet. And you can do this by setting up your custom viewport configurations. This new feature by LambdaTest Smart UI builds on Storybook’s viewport toolbar that allows you to view your stories across various devices and in different orientations, whether it’s portrait or landscape.
Setting up custom viewports for visual regression testing using Storybook can be done by updating the .smartui.json file within your project repository.
"<name of the stories/components>"
"width": 320, //Small mobile view
"<name of the stories/components>"
"width": 834, //Tablet view
// Additional custom viewport configurations can be added here
We also have a support doc in place on how to configure custom viewport for Storybook visual testing.
Auto Muting Feature in HyperExecute
HyperExecute is now live with another feature called Auto Muting. It allows you to temporarily disable the execution of specific test cases. This feature becomes particularly useful when you deal with tests that consistently fail or are irrelevant to the current testing focus.
By using Auto Muting, you can significantly enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of your testing process. The primary advantage of Auto Muting is that it enables you to skip consistently failing test cases. This means you can save valuable time and resources by not running tests that are known to fail consistently or have no relevance to the current testing scope.
For example, below is a triggered HyperExecute job having a recurring issue with a specific test case that consistently fails. To fix this issue, you can enable the Auto Muting feature that automatically mutes the test case that fails a predefined consecutive number of times.
Refer to our guide to get started with Auto Muting in HyperExecute.
Support for Sub-Organizations in Test Analytics
In our latest update for test analytics, users of parent organization accounts can now effortlessly monitor the real-time browser session usage of all their sub-organizations through a single view. With this support, they can observe the resource utilization of individual sub-organizations, which enables them to take a strategic and informed approach to resource planning.
Here are a few benefits:
- Administrators gain the ability to track browser concurrency via a centralized dashboard, offering a comprehensive overview of resource usage across all sub-organizations.
- Real-time insights enable immediate resource allocation modifications that ensure optimal performance and cost efficiency.
- Detailed usage statistics provide parent organizations with the essential data for making informed decisions regarding future resource provisioning and capacity planning.
- This feature provides a granular level of control to identify usage patterns and potential areas for improvement within sub-organizations.
Test your websites and mobile apps on real devices. Try LambdaTest Today!
To streamline the testing process, we regularly ensure that our list of integrations remains current and compatible with your preferred tools.
Here are the latest LambdaTest integrations:
- Integration with Gradle Plugin: Gradlе is a build automation tool for multi-languagе softwarе dеvеlopmеnt. It managеs thе еntirе dеvеlopmеnt lifе cyclе, еncompassing tasks likе compilation, packaging, tеsting, and dеploymеnt. With LambdaTest integration with Gradle Plugin for Espress automation testing, you can optimize your parallel testing on a real device cloud.
- Buildkite Integration: LambdaTеst has rеcеntly intеgratеd with Buildkitе, a CI/CD platform, to еnhancе your go-to-markеt dеlivеry. Using this LambdaTest intеgration with Buildkite, you can perform automatеd tеsting using LambdaTеst onlinе Sеlеnium grid across 3000 rеal browsеrs and OSes while leveraging the CI/CD capabilities offered by Buildkite platform.
- New Relic Integration: Nеw Rеlic is an obsеrvability platform for monitoring, diagnosing, and еnhancing your softwarе applications. It sеamlеssly gathеrs data from your applications, infrastructurе, and logs, dеlivеring valuablе insights into systеm pеrformancе and potential issues.
Thе intеgration of LambdaTеst with Nеw Rеlic lets you accеss LambdaTеst rеsults within a tailorеd Nеw Rеlic Dashboard. This provides an in-depth understanding of your automation scripts, еnabling you to еxpеditе product dеlivеry with uncompromisеd quality and spееd.
It’s a Wrap!
Stay tunеd as we have some more updatеs and improvеmеnts linеd up for Dеcеmbеr. To keep up with the latest product features, you can visit the LambdaTest Changelog. You can also request feature enhancements or suggest improvements to our product on the LambdaTest Community by heading to the LambdaTest Feature Requests category. Your input is valuable in helping us make our product even better.
Got Questions? Drop them on LambdaTest Community. Visit now